Megane RS225 Exhaust systems

Benny

Welcome. It depends what you are looking for. The K-tec 2.75" sounds amazing IMO, I preferred it to the 3" (depends how many mods you plan whether you need the extra diameter), looks good too. Quite pricey by the time you get it here.

A cheap option is to just cut out the back box and weld in some pipe, a couple of hundred at an exhaust shop. You get to keep the whistle and you'll get some volume and pops and bangs. A bit droney in third gear around 70kph IIRC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, hamstrung said:

A cheap option is to just cut out the back box and weld in some pipe, a couple of hundred at an exhaust shop. You get to keep the whistle and you'll get some volume and pops and bangs. A bit droney in third gear around 70kph IIRC.

This is a good option, I did this on my F1 way back and it sounded great.

You'll need to choose some new tips is all if you plan on retaining the OEM muffler to refit one day.

image.thumb.jpeg.a5abc278814554509efcfa17d90fd7c6.jpeg

Yep plenty of pops and bangs with the K-tec unit, I think even more than the Milltek on which it's based (it's just lighter and louder). Just be aware it's a loud system (as is the 3"). Around 84 dB from memory. It's a non-resonated hotdog muffler, definitely louder than a Milltek or Scorpion. If that is a concern, look into one of those.